Thursday 13 May 2010

Technical Guide

When producing my magazine I used Adobe Photoshop. I developed many skills while using this programme.

Front Cover:
When producing my front cover I had to duplicate the background layer to allow the title of my magazine to sit behind my artists head. I found an appropriate font to match with the style of magazine using the internet and setting the font up into photo shop. I created the mist effect behind the sub articles being using the shape tool and turning the opacity down to 60% and feathering the edges with a rubber tool. This meant my text was easier to read. I edited the main image by adjusting it's contrast, brightness and saturation. I also increased the warmth of the light in the photograph.

Contents Page:
When producing my front cover my main aim was to leave less space. I placed the sub article photographs down the side of the page and used the shape tool to create a border. I edited the "Pete Doherty pass" image by turning the saturation right down to create a black and white image. I edited both the main article and vote article image by increasing the saturation, contrast and brightness. I used a more simple font for the sub articles as this was shown throughout the style models I researched.

Double Page Spread:
When producing my double page spread I had many ideas about using one image on top of the other to create a main image. The main photograph consists of three seperate photographs. To do this I placed my first photograph onto the canvas in photoshop. I then placed the next image over the top and erased this layer so that the part of the layer underneath I wanted showing would appear. I again did this with the final image layer which left me with one strong image which I then flatterened all the layers together. I again used the mist effect to allow my text to be easier to read. I again did this by using the shape tool and turning the opacity down to 60% and feathering the edges with a rubber tool. The same shape appears behind the quote from the article and the heading.

No comments:

Post a Comment